Solar Energy which can be used for generating electricity by the help of Rooftop Solar Power Plant. Solar energy besides being economical is also eco-friendly.There is a pressing need to accelerate the development of advanced clean energy technologies in order to address the global challenges of energy security, climate change and sustainable development. And one such answer to all such problems is Rooftop Solar Power Plant.
Rooftop Solar Power Plant system include:
- Solar Panel
- SPD (Surge Protective Device)
- PCU (Power Conditioning Unit)
- SM (Solar Generation Meter)
The Solar Panel receives the solar energy by the process of absorption. The SPD protects the device or the system from getting over heated due to absorption of heat. The PCU converts the DC (Direct Current) to AC (Alternate Current). The SM calculates the amount of energy that is generated by the system overall. The battery stores the energy that is being generated. When the SM calculates the amount of energy being generated by the system is greater than the Grid energy then it automatically pushes the grid energy and makes the energy that the system has generated for household purpose. In case the system has a battery then it stores the energy and the same can be used later in the absence of sun.
- The earth receives about 1,366 watts of direct solar radiation per square meter.
- Solar panels are virtually maintenance free since the batteries require no water or other regular service and will last for years. Once, solar panels are installed, there are no recurring costs.
- Solar energy is being recognized as the future of alternative energy sources as it is non-polluting and helps combat the Greenhouse effect on global climate created by use of fossils fuels.
- The owner is offered a 30% front ended capital subsidy on the project cost
- Solar installations are liable for 80% depreciation benefit, which enables the owner to get back 33% of his actual investment (subsidized cost) in a span of 3 years
- You earn back 53% of your investment without considering even a single unit of power produced by the system
- Green power produced by the Solar power plant earns back the remaining 47% in less than 3 to 5 years
- On a personal level, you can be proud of being a responsible citizen and caring parent to your future generations
All consumer of electricity in the service area of supply of the DISCOM (CESU, WESCO, NESCO, SOUTHCO). They can be individual house owner or apartment owner association or all Govt. And Non-Govt institutions, Industries and private building owner or a third party who has a lease arrangement of roof use with the above entities.
(OERC Notification No. OERC-Engg. 02/2010/(Vol-III)/1597(A) Dated : 26.11.2014- Clause no: 2(c), and Amendment No. OERC-Engg. 02/2010/(Vol-IV)/618 Dated: 18.05.2015
* For Subsidy refer point no:3
As per MNRE guideline no: 03/88/2015-16/GCRT Dt: 04.03.2016, an entity can install it in open space within the premises of the building.
All the consumers of the sectors like Residential, Institutional, Social sector for CFA and Government Building, Institution for achievement linked incentive/awards. (MNRE guideline no: 03/88/2015-16/GCRT Dt: 04.03.2016) (MNRE guideline no: 03/88/2015-16/GCRT Dt: 02-09-2016)
OREDA is the nodal agency for implementation in which the net-metering and grid connectivity will be responsibility of DISCOM and the physical installation of hardware to be installed by as per the MNRE guideline. To help the customer, OREDA has empanelled list of suppliers to choose from.
1. The upper limit of the capacity of installation should not exceed the sanctioned load of the consumer.
2. The cumulative capacity of installation should not exceed 75% of the distribution transformer.
All connection have to be on-grid but the consumer has the choice of installing battery bank for backup. It may be noted in absence of battery, at the time of grid failure the consumer cannot use the solar power.
The objective of the scheme is to encourage consumers to generate a part of the consumption by using renewable sources which means there is no provision for selling electricity to the utility. The un utilized electricity injected to the system is credited to the consumer account which can be utilised in that financial year.
It is a consumer meter which is a bi-directional energy meter for measuring the amount of electricity flowing in opposite directions and the net amount of electricity either consumed by the consumer or injected into the distribution system (grid) of the licensee in kWh (electricity units).
Either consumer or distribution licensee shall procure the meter. The distribution licensee shall test and install the same. The cost of meters, cost of connectivity and all other related cost for setting up the meters etc. have to be borne by the eligible consumers under guidance of the concerned distribution licensee. (As per OERC Net Metering Order No.OERC-Engg. 02/ 2010/ (Vol-IV)/ 1131, Dated: 19.08.2016)Cost of meter will be as per the prevailing rate at that point of time.
10. How will OREDA protect the customer from the risks of poor quality equipment and post sales service by its empanelled vendors?
The transaction with regard to the installation of the hardware and the services subsequent to that is to be governed by the Sales of Goods Act and Consumer Protection Act of 999 and OREDA indemnifies itself from being a party to the transaction of any liability accruing from such transactions.
However to protect the interest of the customers if one of the suppliers of the empanelled vendors is found to be deficient in a case or consistently, OREDA can exercise its power of Penalty/ Forfeiture and Blacklisting of the supplier to force the supplier to provide better service.
The solar system installation will be inspected by OREDA and the metering arrangement and feasibility on grid connectivity will be inspected by CESU.
OREDA will disburse the subsidy.
The consumer will know the energy generated from Solar Meter and NET Meter Reading data which will be provided by CESU at the time of billing. However, it is advised to consumer to install AMR for Solar Meter and Net Meter from which data will be automatically downloaded and the same will be communicated accordingly.
Before going to the next step kindly be prepared with the following data for your convenience
- Length of rooftop
- Breadth of rooftop
- Electricity Bill to check Distcom, Account number and Connected load
*NOTE: You can visit later this page after collecting the required data