How bringing community to the centre of state intervention and introduction of technology (CRMS) and putting up a facilitation centre (CRC) brought about a sea change in the way various solar powered drinking water systems improved their performance in a short span of time. The impact was not just seen at the community level, but the overall efficiency of the other stakeholders showed a marked improvement.
OREDA over the years had established thousands of public utility facilities which used renewable energy. They are mostly established at the remotest of locations to serve the disadvantaged, unreached and unserved communities of the state. As per the MNRE guidelines such systems are under a service warranty for period of 5 years. OREDA left the custodian of the installation and the supplier of the installation to communicate with each other for service request after some breakdown. It was seen that due to deteriorating service by the suppliers the installation was dying down well before completing its economic life. This resulted in public dissatisfaction and also created lots of negative perception towards RE as a viable alternative source of energy.
OREDA hired the services of M/S Parameter Softwares (P) Ltd. to design, develop and manage a project which will effectively solve the problem and improve public satisfaction and renew popular faith in the renewable energy as an alternative source.
PSPS designed and developed a CRMS which will have comprehensive data about the location, assets, people and their requests for R&M and coordinate with the stakeholders to get the service effectively executed. And also established a CRC to provide the human interface to the people to get their grievances redressed. PSPL started giving service from October 2015.
Features of the Project
• The centre operates 7 am to 7 pm on all 7 days (7-7 X 7)
• Its manned by people who represents typicality of the language of that region of the state
• It has a Toll-Free Number, Cell Phones, Land Lines and WhatsApp and Email as communication channels.
• All transactions are journaled manually apart from the IT way of doing it.
• A cloud hosted CRMS is customised for the requirement of OREDA which has analytical features to analyse performance of stakeholders.
• The project heavily depends on human communication along with electronic channels to ensure smooth work flow.
• The project from Aug 2018 has brought all installations under mandatory preventive maintenance regime.
How it works
Anyone can call the CRC telephone lines and identify himself with the installation abut which he wants to discuss. The CRC after establishing the genuinity of the caller and after identifying the installation ID raises a ticket which contains the nature of breakdown. The CRMS upon being altered fires series of Emails and SMS to the concerned people for responding to the request. The tickets are followed up both electronically and manually and closed. The supplier upon resolving the ticket informs the CRC about the resolution and CRC double checks with the designated stakeholders and closes the ticket. Analytics creates various reports which helps in understanding the components of the project.
Periodic (Weekly) review of the performance is done by the top management of the organization which is vital to sustaining the initiative.